historic Commodore Joshua Barney House , a gated estate,
in the old mill town of SAVAGE, Maryland sits on 6+ exquisitely
landscaped acres backing to the Little Patuxent River.
located between WASHINGTON, DC and BALTIMORE, Historic ANNAPOLIS
and the CHESAPEAKE BAY are about 22 miles to the southeast.
BWI airport, ELLICOTT CITY, COLUMBIA, LAUREL, and FT. MEADE
are only a short 5 - 15 minute ride.
PARK (University of Maryland), Beltsville , Greenbelt and
Silver Spring can be reached in twenty minutes or less.
the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) and the Washington Beltway
(I-495) are within 15 minutes of the Joshua Barney House.
History surrounds us!
The Inn is beautiful, peaceful and very private yet, nearby,
you'll find hundreds of RESTAURANTS (trendy, ethnic, traditional,
elegant or simple fare) and, of course, famous Maryland
PROXIMITY TO THE INN:
• Day tripping is so easy with train/metro stations
within 20 minutes.
•The surrounding the area is a Mecca of ANTIQUE SHOPS
(Savage Mill, Ellicott City, Laurel, Frederick, and more)
• MUSEUMS (Spy Museum, Smithsonian Institution Museums,
Air & Space Museum, Star Spangled Banner Museum, B &
O Railroad Museum)
• SYMPHONIES (Meyerhoff, National Symphony, Lyric
• ART GALLERIES (National Gallery of Art, Walters
Art Gallery, Corcoran, the Phillips Collection), MONUMENTS
(Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson Memorials, Holocaust, WWII,
• UNIVERSITIES (Maryland University, Johns Hopkins,
Naval Academy, Georgetown University
• THEATERS (Kennedy Center, First Mariner Arena, Ford's
Theater, Hippodrome Performing Arts Center)
• SPORTING VENUES (Camden Yard, Fed Ex field, MCI
• LIBRARIES (Enoch Pratt, Library of Congress, Folger-Shakespeare
• HISTORIC HOMES (Mt. Vernon, William Paca House,
Dumbarton House, Woodlawn Plantation)
• FESTIVALS, ZOOS, AND AQUARIUMS, HISTORIC VILLAGES
and WATERFRONT TOWNS.
• There is no scarcity of shopping - (Savage Mill,
Arundel Mills, Baltimore's Inner Harbor); big malls and
little shops abound.